Millboard launches new RIBA approved CPD
With so many options available for decking, it can be hard to know which materials to specify and how best to use them for great impact. Decking can often make or break the exterior of a distinctive property, so it’s crucial that designers and contractors make the right choices.
To ensure that appropriate guidance is available, Millboard provides a comprehensive, RIBA-approved CPD session that covers everything you need to know about this essential landscaping material.
Entitled 'Design Considerations for Decking and its Alternative Uses’, the seminar explores all of the options available to design professionals and considers the key points of each material. Millboard’s knowledgeable presenter will take each delegate through health and safety requirements, sustainability, durability, performance, fire safety, aesthetics, installation and maintenance.
The session also highlights the alternative uses of outdoor flooring, and by the end of the CPD, each attendee will be fully briefed on:
- Conventional materials for decking.
- The applications where decking can be used, and what factors to consider.
- The alternative uses of decking and the design possibilities.
- What the choices for decking currently are.
- How to specify a decking product that meets design and building standards and will stand the test of time.
- What the best base options are for decking.
- Post-installation maintenance requirements.
The sessions can take place at any venue or practice across the country, and Millboard offers the training online too. Each delegate will be able to add to their CPD points and will be issued with a certificate of course completion.
Book now through RIBA or by contacting Millboard directly on 024 7643 9943