Established in 2003, Media 10 is the most awarded media and Events Company in the UK and has a growing portfolio of 30 live events covering design, interiors, lifestyle and construction. As well as Media 10 being specialists in the events sector, the company’s creative flare produces well established publications and owns a series of award-winning magazines and websites.
We not only enjoy what we do, we love it! We are passionate about delivering the very best results in everything we do and expect our team members to have the same passion.
General overview This role will be working across Media 10’s design division comprising two events (Clerkenwell Design Week and Design London) as well as two publications (ICON and OnOffice).
The design division has signed the Design for Diversity Pledge and welcome applicants from underrepresented communities to apply. We are dedicated to working towards a more diverse design industry and are taking the appropriate action.
Clerkenwell Design Week
Clerkenwell is home to more creative businesses and architects per square mile than anywhere else on the planet, making it truly one of the most important design hubs in the world. To celebrate this rich and diverse community, Clerkenwell Design Week has created a showcase of leading UK and international brands and companies presented in a series of showroom events, exhibitions and special installations that take place across the area.
The award-winning CDW has firmly established itself as the UK’s leading independent design festival.
Launching this year, Design London will showcase a curated selection of cutting-edge furniture, lighting and contract interiors brands as well as collaborations with renowned and emerging designers.
Defined by modern architectural form, the venue provides a striking blank canvas for showcasing the very best in contemporary design, while functional spaces and outdoor Showground provide a means for large-scale creative expression. Positioned on the banks of The River Thames, it offers uninterrupted views across Canary Wharf and is directly accessible by tube, road, river, air and cable car, making it one of the best-connected venues in the UK.
ICON is one of the world’s leading architecture and design magazines, published quarterly in print and sharing news daily online. We interview the most exciting architects and designers in the world, review the best new buildings and analyse the most innovative and influential design trends. Beautifully presented and accessible, rigorous and insightful, ICON shows you what’s happening in architecture and design today – and what it means for the future.
Founded in 2006, OnOffice is the world’s leading publication for the commercial architecture and design community. Featuring cutting-edge workplace design, projects from the hospitality, education and retail sectors, interviews with leading industry figures, and the latest design news, OnOffice is an indispensable read for design lovers everywhere.
The candidate We are on the lookout for a creative marketing assistant to join a senior marketing executive and marketing manager working across the Media 10 design division. We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable and organised person with excellent communication skills, good telephone manner and the ability to deliver multiple projects on time. The ideal candidate will have an interest in design and all things social media. Some experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator would be beneficial.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
· Plan and execute social media campaigns for each brand as well as exploring opportunities to help increase engagement and audience.
· Work with the senior marketing executive and marketing manager to create engaging industry content and distribute via the website, email and social media channels, maintaining a distinct tone of voice for each brand.
· Manage regular website updates, liaising with external suppliers to ensure content is of the highest quality, up to date and accurate.
· Produce, optimise and manage a positive web presence, which is easy to find and navigate, regularly updated and continually reviewed.
· Track and analyse the effectiveness of digital marketing activity and provide weekly internal reports.
· Assist in the creation of email campaigns, analyse and report results internally on a regular basis.
· Establish and build positive relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, showrooms and partners. Source and develop relationships with relevant event and media partners.
· Liaise with sponsors and ensure digital sponsorship deliverables are fulfilled on time.
· Attend industry events creating engaging content for social media (occasionally outside of working hours).
What you are good at
You’ll be a passionate marketer who is proactive and happy to think outside of the box. As well as this you will be:
· Degree educated in marketing or similar
· Methodical, organised and analytical
· Confident and communicative
· A team player with a sense of humour
· Always raising standards
· A strategic thinker
· A quick learner
· Able to juggle multiple campaigns as well as prioritising urgent tasks
· A confident writer, with an awareness of, and ability to adapt tone of voice for different channels and brands
· Creative with an eye for detail
· Experienced in a similar role as an intern or part of a degree course (desirable)
· Experienced using email service providers (preferably Adestra) and web content management systems (desirable)
· Experienced using Adobe Creative Suite (desirable)
· Interested in the design and architecture industry (desirable)